Thursday, January 16, 2014

Practice Post

I grew up in Dothan, AL about three hours east of Mobile, Al. I would say my major interest are cinema, music and traveling. I could spend all my money on concerts and movie theaters. The escape or passion from which lyrics or a piece of film can bring is magic. I believe that it is good to escape from stress of everyday life and enjoy a two hour movie. My original plan was to attend South right after I graduated. Later down in my senior year Sony, where my dad worked, shut down. From that occurrence, my parents and I decided that it would be best for me to attend Wallace Community College. It was hard for me to be patient and to figure out if I still wanted to come to Mobile after two years. This is my second semester at USA and let me just say, "It has be adjustment."

I left my family, my boyfriend and my friends behind. My family is growing as I am away from them in Mobile. My parents were high school sweethearts. Typically after 30 plus years of marriage people would assume they aren't in love. But I can see it every time they smile at each other they were meant to be. I have two sisters and both attended Troy University. They are both now married and have children of their own. It's a beautiful feeling to be an Aunt. The year of 2013 was a great year. One reason would be that my best friend, over five years, Zackery finally took our friendship out of the friend zone. I guess one could call me a "romantic at heart" but I love our story. He is back in Dothan attending Troy and working towards the future. I came to a school where I only knew one person, but I would not trade this experience and the lessons learned.

Originally, I was not an education major. It was very hard at first for me to pick a major or even a minor. I went from nursing school to radiology to now education. I took quizzes to help me figure out my skills and best major for me. But still that was not enough, the only thing that I knew was that I wanted to help and to give hope to people of all ages. One day I went to visit my friend,elementary teacher herself, and that day it just clicked. I walked away from that experience and knew that this was my major.

This picture was from my latest concert I went to. I am holding up a new vinyl featuring The Wild Feathers. I went in November with my boyfriend and had great seats. I went for the starring band Needtobreathe and ended up really enjoying the opening act. My passion is music and being with the ones I love. My parents would pretty much say, " I work to pay for my concerts and movies."

I would say the thing I do best is just listening to people. Rather if it is from my friends who would call me to have coffee or people I meet from volunteering. I love to hear people's stories. Someone's personal story could impacted someone else and continue to effect others. I think that's why I love to scrapbook and to take pictures. I do believe the old saying "A picture is worth a thousand words." The one thing I wish and I am actually working on is to complete the task I start. It is easy for me to get side-tracked. For example, this year I am collecting all my change and putting it in a jar. While if I would have tried to do that last year; I would have did about two months and gave up. My goal is to finish everything I start.

No comments:

Post a Comment